5 ways to learn the Tarot Cards
The Tarot have been used for centuries, enhancing people’s lives and providing insight and direction where needed. When used correctly, the Tarot can become a daily comfort knowing that the universe will speak to you through these beautiful divination cards. If you are interested in all things spiritual and want to become immersed within the cards, you will need to know how to read them and how to deliver a confident reading to your family and friends and even on a professional level.
Becoming a Tarot reader from home will often require you to have some experience and a definite knowledge of how to read the cards and how to answer questions and interpret their meaning. Their messages will shine through clearly if you use the cards in their intended way. It is easy to learn the meaning of each card but it’s also about spiritually connecting to them and interpreting exactly how they resonate with the questions you are being asked or what you ask yourself.
5 Ways to learn the Tarot Cards:
1. Firstly, you will need a pack of tarot cards. There are so many to choose from! Go to the pack that resonates to you. Perhaps it is the colours, the pictures or even the feel of them? You will be using your cards daily so you need to choose a pack that feels good for you. You have the standard well known decks but there are also some wonderful ones that are not well known and yet their pictures are illuminating and soothing to the eye. I only ever choose a pack that makes me feel good!
2. Get used to the cards! Every card has a different meaning. When I first started I always started with the Major Arcana. The 22 cards of the Major Arcana represent the most important messages and some readers only ever use these cards to do their readings. Of course the Minor Arcana are still important as they can reinforce and add to the messages and answers coming from the Major Arcana. Normally, each pack comes with a little booklet that signifies what each card means, so make sure that you look through it carefully and try to remember what each card means.
3. Practice the cards on yourself. Tarot reading is all about delivering the very best possible reading and the only way to accomplish this is to practice, practice! Reading for yourself gives you the confidence to eventually try it on other people and from there you can start professionally reading for customers. Feeling the cards, thinking about your question and trying to be still and quiet as you pull each card can assist you when it comes to actually reading them. Do not be scared! You cannot do anything wrong and everyone has their own special style when it comes to Tarot reading.
4. Research! Look on the internet, watch video’s and see how other people read the cards. Look at their delivery and how they make their client feel at ease. There are hundreds of video’s of people reading the Tarot, some are professional and some are still learning. Watch closely as they pull each card, how do they react? What are the messages they are providing for each card? There is nothing like learning from someone more experienced and learning is the only way you can gain confidence with your own reading abilities.
5. Recruit your family and friends! By the end, your family and friends will be tired of receiving a reading from you but please do try and read for them every day! Every day you should pull new cards, do a new spread and provide them with the insight that the cards are giving you. You want to be ready for your professional readings and this is a great way to get up to scratch. You may also want to research into the different spreads that can be used during a reading. Lots of professional readers still only use the 1 card reading or the past, present and future spread – 3 little cards that can reveal so much!
Above all, it’s all about enjoyment and feeling at one with the universe. No one cannot read the tarot. It’s available for all! Everyone has the ability to read the cards and use compassionate understanding to help someone with their questions. Some of our customers are going through complex and difficult situations and they turn to the tarot for guidance that is normally invisible to them otherwise. So, as readers it is our job to give them the very best reading to help them through their time of need.
If you are interested in becoming a professional tarot card reader, we recommend that you take our steps above and do lots of practice readings. Then you apply with us and start your journey of helping people throughout the world who like to consult with the cards. We can offer support, training and a service which can provide you with lots of calls to answer. To apply for your tarot job, please visit www.livelinesukjobs.co.uk/apply
We wish you the very best of luck on this truly enlightening and interesting journey of reading the Tarot!